Monday, January 21, 2013

Fun-a-Day Week One

The Artclash Collective encourages Fun-A-Day projects nationwide the first month of the year; I signed up locally last year, and flaked/failed immediately. This year, my local branch got started on the 15th of the month, which gave me enough time to orient to 2013, so that it was possible for me to really sink my teeth in to the project.

Consequently, I am up & running. I decided on a 4x4" piece of me a day -- working mostly with symbols for stuff, and some phrases. The first three days, this was my output:


Then, this happened:


I may include a glossary, if I find I want to say something about each panel. Or I may just blog about them here. They are mostly on bristol board, using gouache. watercolor, and pen-and-ink; there is one monotype here so far, and may be others. I have a 4x4 woodblock and 9 4x4 mini canvasses, so there may be various other formats. Stay tuned!


1 comment:

Lyle said...

Sweet wonderful... Keep on rock'n the art!